gmp refuses to build c++ headers

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Aug 4 22:28:04 UTC 2020

John Perry <John.Perry at usm.edu> writes:

  I downloaded the file from GMP’s website, unpacked it, changed to the directory, then:

     ./configure CC=clang CXX=clang++ --enable-cxx
     make

  Configure seemed to work fine; make failed with the given error message.

  That’s it. I’m not sure what more I could tell you. (I thought “make” was obvious, sorry.)

A note of sarcasm there.  How nice.

If you know anything about programming you ought to know that
reporoducing other people's errors is often hard.  One really needs to
know every little detail.

You chose to send 3 sloppy reports in quick succession, clearly
expecting us to do some trial and error over GMP versions, operating
systems, exact commands used.  That's a pretty arrogant attitude, even
without the sarcasm.

There are several helpful people on this list.  They tend to help people
who provide information to work on.  Being sloppy and rude is not going
to make anybody here particularly helpful.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622