gmp refuses to build c++ headers

vk vk at atlantis23.com
Tue Aug 4 22:16:55 UTC 2020

Hello John

I tried exactly the same, using GMP 6.2.0 on MacOS 10.14.6. The last make result is

libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libgmpxx.a
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: .libs/libgmpxx.a(dummy.o) has no symbols
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgmpxx.la" && ln -s "../libgmpxx.la" "libgmpxx.la" )

However, no error is reported. The following make check works well, all tests pass.

--vk