GMP Shared Libraries include Text Relocations for some Architectures

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri May 19 18:18:01 UTC 2017

Michael Arpin <marpin at unicoi.com> writes:

  If this is deemed a "bug" also, I will submit it as such. I'm not too
  familiar with the GMP library myself so I wanted to make sure it was
  actually a bug before submitting it as one.

The GMP assembly code is not oblivious to this issue, and if
text relocations are left in a shared build, then that is a bug.

Our automated nightly build check for this on almost all platforms since
may years.  Therefore, it surprises me if a textrel has slipped through.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622