GMP Shared Libraries include Text Relocations for some Architectures

Michael Arpin marpin at unicoi.com
Fri May 19 15:30:05 UTC 2017

Sorry, I should of been more clear. I believe that there may be text
relocations within hand written assembly code within the GMP libraries. As
I understand it, -fPIC cannot remove text relocations within hand written
assembly code. The FFMPEG library is known to have similar issues as seen
in this support case
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39957435/text-relocations-despite-fpic

If this is deemed a "bug" also, I will submit it as such. I'm not too
familiar with the GMP library myself so I wanted to make sure it was
actually a bug before submitting it as one.

Best regards,
Michael Arpin

---