GMP Shared Libraries include Text Relocations for some Architectures

Mike Mohr akihana at gmail.com
Sat May 20 04:56:17 UTC 2017

The original issue was discovered in the Android build of GMP 6.1.2 I host
on Github.  It might be a bug in the GMP assembly files, or it could be a
compiler / toolchain bug.  I don't modify the GMP source code, other than
to add a missing closing parentheses in one of the assembly files (here
<https://github.com/Rupan/gmp/blob/master/build/gmp_add_missing_paren.patch>
).

I've just rebuilt the ARM shared objects using the latest compiler
toolchains from Google, re-targeting against API level 24 (previously the
libraries were built against API levels 19 for armeabi and 21 for
aarch64).  Hopefully this will resolve the text relocations.  If not,
perhaps Michael can provide additional details - debugging symbols are
included with the binary releases, so hopefully tracking down the problem
source file shouldn't be difficult.