Just built the latest GMP using GCC 2.95, and it still works.

Anders Andersson pipatron at gmail.com
Sun May 22 05:31:50 UTC 2016

I just wanted to congratulate the developers for making GMP still
build without a hitch (well, somewhat) for my not-so-standard setup,
--host=m68k-amigaos. I'm building in linux, but the configure script
still figured out the right CPU and everything. Running the "make
check" binaries on my 68060 at 60 MHz took a couple of hours.

What's nice is that the tests probably uncovered a bug in the
soft-float code for the compiler, I have to investigate this further.
It also found a bug in the localeconv()->decimal_point implementation
for my target.

The reason I'm using GCC 2.95 is that there simply aren't any newer
versions that can easily make nice and native AmigaOS binaries.
Building the latest GMP/MPFR/MPC/whatever is a small step on the way
of porting the Amiga parts to a more recent binutils/gcc. Plus, I've
always wanted to improve the mpn/m68k/* files.

I did uncover two small problems with the configure script, and I've
included two patches. I'm not good at Mercurial (perhaps I should've used
'hg bundle'?), and I'm not very good at m4/autotools, but I hope they are
correct.

Hälsningar,
Anders