Just built the latest GMP using GCC 2.95, and it still works.

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun May 22 07:09:38 UTC 2016

Anders Andersson <pipatron at gmail.com> writes:

  I just wanted to congratulate the developers for making GMP still
  build without a hitch (well, somewhat) for my not-so-standard setup,
  --host=m68k-amigaos. I'm building in linux, but the configure script
  still figured out the right CPU and everything. Running the "make
  check" binaries on my 68060 at 60 MHz took a couple of hours.

We did test on a '040 until that hardware broke a few years back.  Now
our automated tests include a simulated '040.

Please let us know about any "hitch" you've run in to.

  I did uncover two small problems with the configure script, and I've
  included two patches. I'm not good at Mercurial (perhaps I should've used
  'hg bundle'?), and I'm not very good at m4/autotools, but I hope they are
  correct.

Note that "configure" is a generated file.  If you have any suggested
patches, just send them in an email.  Inline is fine for small patches,
else please use an attachment.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622