building GMP on Solaris 10 x86

Tom Chien tom.chien0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 03:06:23 UTC 2014

Torb/Will, thanks for the link, here's detail

1) the version i'm trying to build is 6.0.0a
2&3) i don't have a sample program to use GMP, in fact the reason i'm
building GMP is because it is a pre-requisite for many other software such
as GCC itself, the problem i'm having is that when built, the shared
library is 64-bit  and at the same time the static library are 32-bit, the
GMP build itself i believe is sucessful, it's the fact that when building
other software that use the GMP installation i built produces errors such
as "wrong elfclass" makes me think i didn;t built GMP correctly
4&5) none
6) configure --prefix=/opt/gmp
7) i have attached the output, the attachment file name is "configure.log"
8)
# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/i386-pc-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs
Configured with: /builds/sfw10-gate/usr/src/cmd/gcc/gcc-3.4.3/configure
--prefix=/usr/sfw --with-as=/usr/sfw/bin/gas --with-gnu-as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --without-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++
--enable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)
9)
SunOS <hostname> 5.10 Genric_150401-01 i86pc i386 i86pc
10)
# ./config.guess
coreisbr-pc-solaris2.10
# ./configfsf.guess
i386-pc-solaris2.10
11) gzip'ed config.log is attached as well, though i don't know if the
issue i'm having is related to configure or not
12) none

Thanks very much!