using gmp in visual studio?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Jan 6 22:57:16 UTC 2014

Adam Henderson <psyadam1 at gmail.com> writes:

  I tried to install gmp using cygwin and using the command "./configure".  I
  got an error:
  configure: error: could not find a working compiler, see config.log for
  details

  I noticed before the error it was trying to do a lot of "gcc <command>".
  From my days at digipen, I remember that gcc stands for the gnu compiler.
  Do I need to install the gnu compiler?  How do I get this to work?

You need *some* C compiler to compiler this C library.

  My other question is whether I use use gmp in visual studio.  I am worried
  I might not be able to, since it says in the GMP basics that "All programs
  using GMP must link against the libgmp library. On a typical Unix-like
  system this can be done with ‘-lgmp’, for example".

There is not support for any IDE "projects" in GMP.  You might have luck
with a command-line version of Microsoft's C compiler.  (I have
successfully done that in the past.)

Since you're using cygwin, the simplest path is probably to install the
required tools using the cygwin installer.

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622