Building for Android

Mike Mohr akihana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 01:15:08 CEST 2013

Good afternoon;

While attempting to compile the C++ bindings for Android, I noticed that
localeconv is used in at least cxx/ismpf.cc (since it isn't supported in
Android's libc implementation).  The obvious fix is pretty simple - just
hard-code it to some value.  But it got me thinking that perhaps there
should be a better way to turn off localization (i.e. configure reports
that std::locale is supported when it really isn't).  I'm not sure how well
the C++ bindings will work in this situation.  Can anyone comment?  Should
there be a configure option added to enable/disable locale support?

Thanks,
Mike