libgmp-3.dll.dll is missing

Andreas Fabri andreas.fabri at geometryfactory.com
Sun Mar 7 12:01:46 CET 2010

On 05/03/2010 23:22, peter.luschny wrote:
>> Andreas Fabri wrote:
>
> AF>  Renaming libgmp-10.dll to the expected name
> AF>  solves the problem, ...
>
> That's fine. So what?

That's not fine, if it is documented differently
in the installation section of the manual.
If it turns out to be a script or documentation
bug it avoids future mail exchanges like this
one for those who simply follow installation instructions.

> AF>  I then followed the instructions on the page
> AF>  [...] in order to generate the .lib file:
>
> So you want a static library. Why then create a
> dynamic link library in the first place?

No I want a dynamic lib. For VC++ a dll typically
comes along with a lib file.

best regards,

andreas