libgmp-3.dll.dll is missing

peter.luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 5 23:22:09 CET 2010

> Andreas Fabri wrote:

AF> Renaming libgmp-10.dll to the expected name
AF> solves the problem, ...

That's fine. So what?

AF> I then followed the instructions on the page
AF> [...] in order to generate the .lib file:

So you want a static library. Why then create a
dynamic link library in the first place?

I prefer to create the Unix archiv libgmp.a and
then convert from the ELF to the COFF format.

objconv -fcoff -nu libgmp.a libgmp.lib

(The option -nu changes leading underscores on symbol
names to the default for the target system.)
You can get the excellent object file converter 'objconv' from

http://www.agner.org/optimize/

AF> Did I misunderstand something in the manual?

I don't know. I don't read manuals.

Cheers Peter