AIX Questions

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Wed Jul 23 17:10:53 CEST 2008

Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17.org> writes:

  If you have information on how to do this, we would be interested
  for MPFR (note that Mac OS X on PowerPC is also concerned). But I
  suppose that such a thing should first be added to the autotools.

GCC's own libraries are compiled for all supported ABIs.
They use the term "multilib" for this feature, I think.

Adding multiplib support to GMP would be nice, but it is not clear how
to do it.

For one thing, we will need to generate *one* gmp.h supporting
multiple limb sizes, then choose the proper definition based on
compiler predefines.  I am afraid that such compiler predefines do not
in general exist.

Then we will need to comply to various library path conventions.