Pentium M and P4 question / and a failed test

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 2 12:08:26 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Scholar" <joshscholar at nightstudies.net>
.
> PS. it just finished the build at about 1 1/2 hours.

I don't have any explanations, but I have also found GMP (and MPFR) very
slow to build on Windows - in both Cygwin and the MSYS shell.

A few weeks back I was simulataneously building the latest releases of GMP
and MPFR on a Windows (P4) box and on a Linux (P3) box.

By the time I had built, tested and installed MPFR and GMP on the Linux box,
I was still running 'make' for GMP on the Windows box (hadn't even got to
MPFR).

If there are no explanations forthcoming here, I'm sure that someone on the
Cygwin mailing list would be able to help out.

> I'll have rename the directory structure to get rid of spaces.

I think that would be a good idea.

Cheers,
Rob