Cygwin problem (Sisyphus)

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 23 02:19:51 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim White" <mathimagics at yahoo.co.uk>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Cygwin problem (Sisyphus)

> Hi Rob
>
> Have you tried building it with MinGW instead?

Yep - no problem with MinGW.

The cygwin install on the new box is a *complete* install, so configure
finds stuff that it couldn't locate on the old box (because the cygwin
installation on the old box is not a complete one). That might account for
the difference. Somehow or other, with this complete cygwin install, it
seems that the conditions in gmp-impl.h disallow the defining of TMP_DECL,
TMP_FREE and TMP_MARK.

I'll chew it over for a while, try a few different configure options, etc. -
and send off a bug report (that includes the configure log file, if I
haven't worked out the problem).

Cheers,
Rob