Windows Vista 64 builds of GMP-4..2.1, MPFR-2.2.1

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 3 09:37:48 CEST 2007

Hi,
Does anyone provide Windows 64-bit versions of GMP and/or MPFR libraries ?

I know Brian Gladman provides the makings, along with instructions - but I
couldn't get it to happen using the free version of VC 8. Clicking on the
'gmp.sln' file did result in opening up the VC 8 gui ... quickly followed by
a series of pop-ups telling me (repeatedly) things like  "Solution folders
are not supported in this version of Visual Studio", and "The project
consists entirely of configurations that require support for platforms which
are not installed on this machine. The project cannot be loaded".

Normally, I use MinGW in an MSYS shell, but MinGW is still strictly 32
bits - and the MSYS shell is currently broken on Vista 64 anyway.

Cheers,
Rob