DarwinPorts Installation MacOS X

Daniel J Farrell daniel.farrell at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:42:17 CET 2006

  Blake and Dave,

Thanks for your help that solved it. The problem was setting up Xcode
so that it knows where to look and what linker flag to use. Dave
nailed it with:

Header Search Path: "/opt/local/include/"
Library Search Path: "/opt/local/lib/"
Other Linker Flags: "-lgmp"

You can find all the above in Project --> Edit Project Setting.

I am fairly new to programming etc but it might be a good idea to
include this Mac specific section of the documentation? On page 16 of
the documentation it does describe that you need to link against -
lgmp, but as a newbie I had no idea how to do that in Xcode.

Just out of interest Blake, when you add say, to your path variable
by editing your .profile or .bashrc etc that only effects command
line and X11 app. If you want to make something available to GUI app
in mac os you will need to follow the advice here, http://
developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html . Thats all the business
about editting the environment.plist etc.

Thanks again for your help!

Daniel.