Porting GMP v4.2.1 to QNX4 with Watcom C v10.6B

Linas Vepstas linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Aug 24 19:45:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 03:49:28PM +0400, mts.spb.suxx at mail.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
>   It was relatively easy to port GMP v4.1.4 but now I'm stuck with
>   some strange errors while porting v4.2.1
>
>   3) When I do "make check" it fails with lots of unresolved symbols
>   (see the attached "log.log1").
>
>   If I have patience to compile the tests manually - providing the
>   "cc" with the correct paths to all relevant libraryes - all goes
>   well, all (compiled so far) tests pass and I can get to
>   "mpn/hamdist" test which fails even with all the libs included. It
>   reports an unresolved "___gmpn_popcount_" symbol.
>
>   I wonder what may be the cause of "libtool" producing a strange
>   command line for "cc" with the "libgmp.a" library mentioned twice
>   while all others are omitted?

You might try experimenting with different versions of libtool, and,
in particlar, make sure that you are running the latest and greatest
version.

There is a history of libtool, automake, autoconf, and the related tools
of being buggy and misbehaving on the less popular, less commonly used
platforms.

--linas