Porting GMP v4.2.1 to QNX4 with Watcom C v10.6B

mts.spb.suxx at mail.ru mts.spb.suxx at mail.ru
Thu Aug 24 13:49:28 CEST 2006

Hello!

  It was relatively easy to port GMP v4.1.4 but now I'm stuck with
  some strange errors while porting v4.2.1

  1) I did "./configure --disable-shared --host=none" and it completed
  successfully.
  2) I did "make" and it too completed OK, so it seems. All libraries
  are in place.
  3) When I do "make check" it fails with lots of unresolved symbols
  (see the attached "log.log1").

  If I have patience to compile the tests manually - providing the
  "cc" with the correct paths to all relevant libraryes - all goes
  well, all (compiled so far) tests pass and I can get to
  "mpn/hamdist" test which fails even with all the libs included. It
  reports an unresolved "___gmpn_popcount_" symbol.

  I look up the GMP v4.1.4 to see what is different against v4.2.1,
  the older library has the two different files -
  "mpn/generic/hamdist.c" and "mpn/generic/popcount.c", while the
  newer library introduces just one with "#ifdef"s to cover both
  cases.

  If it was not for some weirdness in my tool-chain I'd try the
  splitted "popcount v4.2.1" and "hamdist v4.2.1" (see both attached,
  I need to know if I did [not] broke them). But my patience left me
  for now...

  I wonder what may be the cause of "libtool" producing a strange
  command line for "cc" with the "libgmp.a" library mentioned twice
  while all others are omitted?
  (By "all others" I understand these: libmpn.a, libmpz.a, libmpf.a,
  libmpq.a. Should they exist separately or should all their functions
  be present in the libgmp.a as well?)

  I'm sorry for too many questions in one letter, but please help me!

--
Best regards,
 Tony                  mailto:mts.spb.suxx at mail.ru