configure and OpenBSD

HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi hiramatu at boreas.dti.ne.jp
Wed Oct 26 08:36:30 CEST 2005

Hello,

At 25 Oct 2005 12:01:08 +0200,
Torbjorn Granlund <tege at swox.com> wrote:
> The GMP developers try to make things work for new as well as old
> systems.  We will therefore resist your change for now, until
> somebody figures out how to restrict it to apply for the right
> openbsd release.
>
> --
> Torbjörn

OK.

If I correctly understand cvs comment in OpenBSD ports, OpenBSD
started to use _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ when binary format is switched to
elf.

Because output of ld -V should contain "elf_i386_obsd" in "Supported
emulations" section on elf x86 OpenBSD releases, I think configure
script can use this behavior to determine that which symbol name
should use.

How about this?

if !(${LD} -V | egrep 'elf_i386_obsd' > /dev/null); then
echo 'define(<_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_>, <__GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_>)' >>$gmp_tmpconfigm4
fi

--
// HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi
// hiramatu at boreas.dti.ne.jp