configure and OpenBSD

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Oct 25 12:01:08 CEST 2005

HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi <hiramatu at boreas.dti.ne.jp> writes:

  At 25 Oct 2005 10:46:53 +0200,
  Torbjorn Granlund <tege at swox.com> wrote:
  > We need to know when OpenBSD changed from __GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
  > (with double underscore) to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_.  If we just
  > change this, GMP will not work on old OpenBSD.

  Because I'm new to OpenBSD, I don't know exactly when. But the diff
  was checked in Aprin 18 2003, I think this changed was visible to users
  after November 1 2002(OpenBSD 3.2 release date).

  Besides, users don't seem to complain even if OpenBSD ports
  unconditionally apply the patch, I think future versions of gmp
  don't have to include __GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ definition.

The GMP developers try to make things work for new as well as old
systems.  We will therefore resist your change for now, until
somebody figures out how to restrict it to apply for the right
openbsd release.