configure and OpenBSD

HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi hiramatu at boreas.dti.ne.jp
Tue Oct 25 11:53:32 CEST 2005

At 25 Oct 2005 10:46:53 +0200,
Torbjorn Granlund <tege at swox.com> wrote:
> We need to know when OpenBSD changed from __GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
> (with double underscore) to _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_.  If we just
> change this, GMP will not work on old OpenBSD.

Because I'm new to OpenBSD, I don't know exactly when. But the diff
was checked in Aprin 18 2003, I think this changed was visible to users
after November 1 2002(OpenBSD 3.2 release date).

Besides, users don't seem to complain even if OpenBSD ports
unconditionally apply the patch, I think future versions of gmp
don't have to include __GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ definition.

--
// HIRAMATSU Yoshifumi
// hiramatu at boreas.dti.ne.jp