s390 debug question

Greg Smith gsmith at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 30 01:17:14 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 18:10 +0200, Patrick Pelissier wrote:
> Which version of MPFR did  you use?

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/s390/SRPMS/gmp-4.1.4-3.src.rpm

The most recent entry in mpfr/ChangeLog is dated 2002-04-15 although
there are a few files with timestamps from April 2004.

Unfortunately, I get the same results on both intel and s390 emulation
with the testcase I provided, although mpfr/tadd works on intel and
bombs on s390 emulation.  So I'm still looking into that to try and
figure out what exactly the problem is.

One thing, looking at the assembler between the two, it seems that the
intel flavor uses inline floating point arithmetic for some of the
functions while s390 does a call and appears to do basically integer
arithmetic.

Greg Smith