GMP, OpenWatcom

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 7 04:03:42 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arctic Fidelity" <af at sacrificumdeo.net>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:30 AM
Subject: GMP, OpenWatcom

> So, instead, I was thinking of compiling the dll using gcc and
> MySys. I can do that, but the calling conventions seem off or
> something when I try to use OpenWatcom and the resulting dll.

With gcc (MinGW) you don't have to link to libgmp.a - you can link directly
to the dll. With Microsoft compilers, however, I don't think you can do
that - you have to link to libgmp.lib. What's the go with Open Watcom - can
you link directly to the dll ? - or do you have to link to libgmp.a ? Maybe
try both ways and see if that helps. Is there a way to create a libgmp.a
suitable for Open Watcom using the def file (as can be done with Visual
Studio) ?

Cheers,
Rob