Compiling GMP under Borland CBuilder 6 with the support of MPFR

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 7 03:40:14 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "pierre.levy" <pierre.levy at infonie.fr>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:10 AM
Subject: Compiling GMP under Borland CBuilder 6 with the support of MPFR

Hello,

Thanks to anyone who help me for compiling GMP with Borland CBuilder 6 with
the support of MPFR.
--------------------------

Hi,
I don't know of anyone building GMP with Borland - so you might have to do
it alone. Maybe Brian Gladman's instructions for building with Microsoft
compilers provide some helpful information. (You might also find that 98's
command.com shell is no good.)

Why not just install the MinGW compiler and the MSYS shell and build both
GMP and MPFR the way you want them ? It's not all that difficult and I think
it would be a lot simpler for you to do it that way. At least there are some
people here who could provide advice if you have problems. I don't think
there are any issues with MSYS on 98 (though I'm not 100% sure). MinGW
should also work fine on 98.

Cheers,
Rob