GMP on IA64 HP-UX?

Steve Ellcey sje at cup.hp.com
Tue Nov 9 19:57:48 CET 2004

Can anyone tell me what the status is of GMP on the IA64 HP-UX platform?
I picked up GMP 4.1.4 and was able to get it to build using some
comments from
http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2004-August/000157.html but as
this email notes the 'make check' fails even after you get the build
working.  I think this is because the ia64 config file
(mpn/ia64/gmp-mparam.h) is assuming a LP64 setup (based on IA64 Linux)
and HP-UX uses ILP32 by default but also supports an LP64 mode.

Also, are the latest GMP sources available from somewhere or are only
released sources available?  I was hoping to look at the CVS tree or
whatever is used to store GMP sources to see if anyone has made changes
in this area or not.

Steve Ellcey
sje at cup.hp.com