Patrick.Pelissier at loria.fr
Fri Nov 5 09:47:53 CET 2004
MPFR 2.1.0 is now available for download from MPFR web server.
Thanks very much to those who tested the two release candidates.
The release is available for download here:
MD5: 9174f5e0cd43f2253b5779743368c8f2 mpfr-2.1.0.tar.gz
Changes from the RC2 to the FinalRelease:
- Error message from configure changed.
Changes from the RC1 to the RC2:
- Bug fixes.
- Various corrections in the documentation.
- mpfr_set_str doesn't allow anymore "@NAN at garbagechar" and
"@INF at garbagechar", allows base 0 (detection of the base),
prefix (0x, 0b), leading whitespace.
Changes from version 2.0.3 to version 2.1.0:
- Bug fixes.
- new functions mpfr_strtofr, mpfr_set_uj, mpfr_set_sj, mpfr_set_ui_2exp,
mpfr_set_si_2exp, mpfr_set_sj_2exp, mpfr_set_uj_2exp, mpfr_get_uj,
mpfr_get_sj, mpfr_get_z, mpfr_free_str, mpfr_si_sub, mpfr_sub_si,
mpfr_mul_si, mpfr_si_div, mpfr_div_si, mpfr_sqr, mpfr_cmp_z, mpfr_cmp_q,
mpfr_zero_p, mpfr_free_cache, mpfr_sum, mpfr_get_version,
mpfr_get_default_rounding_mode, mpfr_get_emin_min, mpfr_get_emin_max,
mpfr_get_emax_min, mpfr_get_emax_max, mpfr_inits, mpfr_inits2, mpfr_clears,
mpfr_fits_intmax_p, mpfr_fits_uintmax_p, mpfr_clear_erangeflag,
mpfr_erangeflag_p, mpfr_rint_round, mpfr_rint_trunc, mpfr_rint_ceil,
- new macros MPFR_DECL_INIT, MPFR_VERSION, MPFR_VERSION_NUM,
MPFR_VERSION_MAJOR, MPFR_VERSION_MINOR, MPFR_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL.
- improved documentation.
- improved configure.
- improved portability (library and test suite).
- It should handle correctly non IEEE-754 double.
- GMP internal files are not needed to install MPFR.
- It is faster with low-precision floatting point.
- New global flag: ERANGE_FLAG.
- Binary incompatible with previous versions, but API compatible.
- mpfr_set_str doesn't allow anymore "@NAN at garbagechar" and "@INF at garbagechar",
allows base 0 (detection of the base), prefix (0x, 0b), leading whitespace.
Please send any reports to <mpfr at loria.fr>.
Note 1: MPFR still assumes that the IEEE-754 standard is supported
concerning the infinities and NaN for the "MPFR number -> double"
conversion. If exceptions are generated by the compiler, some tests
may fail. This could not be fixed yet.
Note 2: We could still release MPFR 2.1.1 shortly after this, including
patches for MSVC (and another patch for the Zaurus that is already in
the trunk, but untested on many platforms).
Note 3: You can also get the Debian package for MPFR 2.1.0.
More information about the gmp-discuss