GMP on PowerPC 970

Brendan Younger bry at mandli.com
Fri Jul 30 23:19:20 CEST 2004

I've been trying to compile GMP with "longlong" limb support for my
PowerPC 970 running Mac OS X.  After hacking the configure script to
recognize my machine and using the generic powerpc64 umul_ppmm, it
compiles nicely (although there are a few warnings related to comparing
32-bit and 64-bit integers) but fails a few tests in MPZ, namely t-mul,
t-div, t-bin, etc.  Has anyone succeeded in compiling this with 64-bit
limb support, or should I just sit around and wait for Mac OS X to
become 64-bit?

Brendan Younger