GMP on PowerPC 970

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Fri Jul 30 23:29:41 CEST 2004

Brendan Younger <bry at mandli.com> writes:

  I've been trying to compile GMP with "longlong" limb support for my PowerPC
  970 running Mac OS X.  After hacking the configure script to recognize my
  machine and using the generic powerpc64 umul_ppmm, it compiles nicely
  (although there are a few warnings related to comparing 32-bit and 64-bit
  integers) but fails a few tests in MPZ, namely t-mul, t-div, t-bin, etc.
  Has anyone succeeded in compiling this with 64-bit limb support, or should I
  just sit around and wait for Mac OS X to become 64-bit?

The mpn/powerpc64 assembly code isn't prepared to deal with a processor
running in 32-bit mode, which probably will make things rather slow.
I'd suggest to stick to the 32-bit code.