(no subject)

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Mon Feb 2 14:43:36 CET 2004

David Peuyo <davidek at daimi.daimi.au.dk> writes:

>    i am user of a net which has installed gmp-4.1.2. They are running Red
> Hat 9.0. However, I have tried to install gmp in my own account to
> optimise gmp to my computer. i have runned ./configure and make.

Don't know if this helps, but the recommended way to make your own
installation of GMP is not to use it directly from your build tree,
but to *install* it in some convenient place in your home directory.
Like

  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local && make && make install

Then build programs using your own GMP installation with something
like

  CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/local/include
  LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/local/lib -Wl,-rpath,$HOME/local/lib -lgmp

(The -Wl stuff is for runtime linking on linux, not needed if you
configure gmp with --disable-shared, or if you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
when running the binaries).