Help stabilising mini-gmp

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Nov 15 12:18:48 UTC 2016

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

  6. The t-limbs test triggers an assert.  It looks like any config could
     trigger this, but thus far it has only happened on
     shell.gmplib.org-dyn-gcc49-g++49:64, ivydeb32v7.gmplib.org-stat-fat:32.

To save me time, I checked in a trivial change to a mini-gmp's Makefile
allowing the separate build of tests.  This gives the test system a
chance to bump off t-limbs which fails for a new config each night with
the same bogus assert.  (This mechanism exist to allow testing for
configs with broken environments.  It is usually used selectively.)

I will create a separate ChangeLog in mini-gmp's subdirectory and move
mini-gmp entries into it.  I think we should also consider making
mini-gmp a separate GNU project.  Doing that might be good for its
visibility, and also make users realise that it is in fact a separate
project with different development principles and quality requirements.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622