Help stabilising mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Nov 15 20:08:26 UTC 2016

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> I will create a separate ChangeLog in mini-gmp's subdirectory and move
> mini-gmp entries into it.

Should we also drop the "mini-gmp/" prefix from files named in that
ChangeLog?

> I think we should also consider making mini-gmp a separate GNU
> project. Doing that might be good for its visibility, and also make
> users realise that it is in fact a separate project with different
> development principles and quality requirements.

What would such a separation mean in practice? We could do separate
releases (release announcements are always good for visibility) and a
separate version number. But I think I'd prefer to keep it in the the
main gmp repo, and I hope we'll sort out the testing issues in a week or
two so it can benefit from gmp's testing infrastructure.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.