TODO for 5.2

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Dec 30 11:24:48 UTC 2013

  > I notice you make this non-public.  Is it premature to make it part of
  > the public interface?

  Pushed now, with declarations moved to gmp-h.in.

And now some 450 nightly builds have run successfully.

  I noticed one peculiarity when testing: for m = 1, mpz_invert considers
  every a uninvertible, while mpn_sec_minvert considers every a
  invertible, with inverse 0. The latter is consistent with gcd (a, 1) = 1
  for all a.

  Not sure what the common mathematic convention is for the trivial ring
  Z_1 with only a single element, 0 (mod 1).

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_ring element 0 is a unit.
After all 0 * 0 = 1 ( = 0) which is precicely what ask for from an
inverse.  And since every integer is congruent to 0 in this ring, it
seems that mpn_sec_minvert is right.

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622