Support for w*ndows

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 2 13:49:17 CET 2011

> Isn't TESTS_ENVIRONMENT usable for this?

> make TESTS_ENVIRONMENT=wine check

Ah, your right. This seems to work. Shouldn't have blamed automake for
this, then.

Do you think it would make sense to somehow have TESTS_ENVIRONMENT
*default* to wine, for this type of cross builds?

> This looks like a 32-bit build.  That has worked in GMP for a long time
> (15 years?).

As I said, I haven't yet installed any 64-bit enabled wine. I don't
doubt that w32 builds work, I have just have never tested that, and I
think it helps if it can be easily tested without the need for a windows
box or d:o license. Are there any w32 tests in the nightly builds? Using
wine makes that easy, even if that's not a 100% substitute for testing
native builds.

> (I actually don't know the status wrt 32-bit fat binaries on Windoze-32.
> I only made 64-bit fat binaries work.)

I just tried a

  ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --enable-fat && make && make TESTS_ENVIRONMENT=wine check

It turns out I get two failures, appearantly *not* fat-related, since my
non-fat w32 build has the same problem:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/nisse/build/gmp-w32-fat/tests/misc'
gmp_vsnprintf return value wrong
  fmt       |%Md|
  bufsize   0
  got       |!0|
  want      ||
  want full |0|
  ret       13
  want_len  1
FAIL: t-printf.exe
../../../../hack/gmp/tests/misc/t-scanf.c:1495: GNU MP assertion failed: ret == (-1)
FAIL: t-scanf.exe

Could of course be a bug in wine, if these tests succeed on native
windows.

/nisse