libtoolize in .bootstrap

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Sat Apr 30 10:31:57 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Niels Möller wrote:

> Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:
>
>> .bootstrap mentions libtoolize as a FIXME, and it seems that at least
>> for me it would be better to remove ltmain.sh from the repository and
>> add a libtoolize -c call in the sequence
>
> Makes sense to me (and it was most likely I who wrote that FIXME
> comment).

Feel free to revert the patch if it causes any trouble. It is a bit
verbose, but it looks like there is no option to make it quieter without
removing all warnings, which didn't feel safe.

I used -c (copy ltmain.sh, not symlink it) because I assume .bootstrap is
also used before making a release.

>> I know almost nothing about autotools so I don't want to touch
>> anything and break it.
>
> I think it's almost always a mistake to talk about "autotools" as a
> collective.

I believe that "I know nothing about autotools" is one case where it does
make sense ;-)

--
Marc Glisse