libtoolize in .bootstrap

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Apr 20 07:13:17 CEST 2011

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

> .bootstrap mentions libtoolize as a FIXME, and it seems that at least
> for me it would be better to remove ltmain.sh from the repository and
> add a libtoolize -c call in the sequence

Makes sense to me (and it was most likely I who wrote that FIXME
comment).

> I know almost nothing about autotools so I don't want to touch
> anything and break it.

I think it's almost always a mistake to talk about "autotools" as a
collective. They are a bunch of tools with different objectives,
characteristics and peculiarities. Personally, I'm familiar with
autoconf, but not at all with libtool.