libtoolize in .bootstrap

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sat Apr 30 13:01:14 CEST 2011

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

> I used -c (copy ltmain.sh, not symlink it) because I assume .bootstrap
> is also used before making a release.

I think automake's dist target follows symlinks when making the release
package. At least I used automake -a in a project some years ago, and as
far as I remember, it linked in various files from /usr/share into the
working tree, and put full copies (rather than links) in the tar.gz
created by make dist.