about prime number generation

Christian Calderon calderonchristian73 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:08:25 CEST 2022

Sorry I accidentally emailed this response to Enrique alone, resending it
to the list.

I ran a script to test this. It uses a sieve of eratosthenes and generates
a list of all primes less than 0xFFFFFFFF (i.e. 2**32 - 1), and calls
nextprime to see if the result is equal to the next prime in the list. It
passed for every prime in the list, nextprime(p[i]) == p[i+1].

~ Christian Calderon