A question of license

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Jun 23 07:47:56 UTC 2020

"ambai.masaki at fujitsu.com" <ambai.masaki at fujitsu.com> writes:

  I noticed that the license of gmp is published as " GNU LGPL v3 and
  GNU GPL v2" as declared on https://gmplib.org/ .
  ----------------
  Since version 6, GMP is distributed under the dual licenses, GNU LGPL
  v3 and GNU GPL v2. These licenses make the library free to use, share,
  and improve, and allow you to pass on the result. The GNU licenses
  give freedoms, but also set firm restrictions on the use with non-free
  programs.
  ----------------
  The license did be modified to " GNU LGPL v3 and GNU GPL v2" on 27 Jan 2014 in the following commit:
  https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp-6.1/rev/da670a8513db
  But on 31 Aug 2014, two new files were added into gmp, and these two
  files are not " GNU LGPL v3 and GNU GPL v2" but "GNU LGPL v3" only.
  https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp-6.1/rev/dead77cd3b7c
  So, are these newer two files have wrong license?

Oh, darn.  We will sort this ASAP.

Thank you for noticing and letting us know!

We will add a script making sure this does not happen again, and make
sure there are no more examples with the unintended header.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622