Any interest in multi-threaded code?

Richard Foster r-foster at gmx.com
Sat Mar 31 17:48:38 UTC 2018

Hi

I'm new to GMP development. I have some knowledge of C under Windows,
less so for GCC and Linux.

I have an idea for a multi-threaded version of the GMP FFT multiply
code. I've had a browse through the archives and found a few references,
but nothing to indicate that there's anything available. There was even
a hint that it could be in an upcoming version, but I can't find any
code.

Would there be any interest for the team if I tried to do this?

If the answer is yes, I'll have to go under the radar for a while to
install Linux on an older machine I have, learn Linux and the GCC
packages, and then do the code development and testing. I'm prepared to
do that, but would prefer to think that there'd be some use for it at
the end of the tunnel - if it succeeds, of course.

Regards,
Richard Foster