Reg: GMP LGPL3 License

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Fri May 19 08:56:28 UTC 2017

hi Cade,

Nice link about Mikey Sakke:

https://www.benthamsgaze.org/2016/01/19/insecure-by-design-protocols-for-encrypted-phone-calls/

Especially the line:

'The aim of GCHQ’s development of MIKEY-SAKKE – to
weaken security of in order to facilitate surveillance – is made clear
through their activity on the 3GPP standardisation committee responsible
for “Lawful Interception (LI)”: ensuring that law enforcement and
intelligence agencies are able to eavesdrop on 4G cellphone calls. The
National Technical Assistance Centre (NTAC), the part of GCHQ responsible
for assisting law enforcement and intelligence agencies with decryption
and data analysis, sits on this committee (known as the “3GPP SA3 LI”) and
their representative served as secretary.'

Nice to know that GMP fulfills  GCHQ requirements :)