support larger int types

Pedro Gimeno gmpdiscuss at formauri.es
Fri Oct 14 12:01:13 UTC 2016

Torbjörn Granlund wrote, On 2016-10-14 13:44:
>   One reasoning contradicts the other, doesn't it?, given that the C standard doesn't guarantee some of those types to exist (especially for fixed-width types). Or is that too academic?
>
> Which types?

7.18.1.1 Exact-width integer types
[...]
2 The following designate exact-width signed integer types:
         int8_t               int16_t             int32_t     int64_t
  The following designate exact-width unsigned integer types:
         uint8_t              uint16_t            uint32_t    uint64_t
  (These types need not exist in an implementation.)

This is from the draft, I imagine it hasn't changed in the final version. Apologies if it has.