Building GMP 6.0 for Ivy Bridge

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Fri Oct 2 06:24:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015, Victor Shoup wrote:

> I tried the latest daily snapshot and ran "./configure".
> I get:
>
> Host type:         x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Hmm, I would have expected config.guess to
return ivybridge-unknown-linux-gnu.

> So I guess GMP's "automagic" is not working as well as one would hope.
> Let me know if there is some config patch you want me to try.

In config.guess, if you look for the string ivybridge, you'll find a C
program that determines your processor type from variables family, model,
cpuid_64bit, cpu_64bit, cpu_avx, etc. It would help if you could print
those variables and send us the result.

By the way, I hope you are not using any virtualization / emulation? Those
tend to mess with CPU identification.

--
Marc Glisse