Error in make check Please help.

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Jun 13 13:16:39 UTC 2015

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

  What I am mostly confused about is why config.guess is failing to
  detect that this is a noavx system (as evidenced by /proc/cpuinfo). Is
  this line not sufficient?
    suffix = cpuid_avx > cpuid_osxsave ? "noavx" : "";

  Or does virtualbox return a broken value on calls to cpuid?

That logic is designed to append "noavx" just to CPUs which support AVX.

If Virtualbox now clears the AVX bit and not just the OSXSAVE bit, then
it is a bug.  I suppose we can work around it, or decide that Virtualbox
has to fix its bugs.

But let's hope the reporter lets us know about what exactly is failing.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622