Error in make check Please help.

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Fri Jun 12 07:01:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Luck Colors wrote:

> Sure.
> Here's the new build log: it crashed with the same errors.

:-(

> is it normal that sh doesn't like the testing command?
> because there's this error :/bin/sh: line 5: 27879 Istruzione non
> consentita ${dir}$tst (to english : instruction not allowed)

That's not what it means. Usually, this means that we are trying to run a
program using AVX instructions on a computer that doesn't support them.
Virtual machines are a common cause as they often misrepresent the
processor they are emulating. We already added some code to work around
it, but apparently not enough for your case...

See this discussion, which seems very close to your case:
https://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2014-April/003406.html

To debug this, we will need the rest of the information as asked in
https://gmplib.org/manual/Reporting-Bugs.html
(in particular config.log, cat /proc/cpuinfo, gdb disassembly to know
which illegal instruction is there, etc)

--
Marc Glisse