Variadic function for multiplications with mpz_t

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Tue Jan 13 08:10:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Ha T. Lam wrote:

> I see, I didn't see gcd in the documentation.

The last release was probably before June, so it didn't have gcd yet. gcd
is documented in the mercurial repos in the chapter C++ Interface
Integers.

> In fact, gcd is used as an example for conversion:
>
> https://gmplib.org/manual/C_002b_002b-Interface-General.html#C_002b_002b-Interface-General

Yes, Torbjorn noticed it too, it is on my TODO list.

> I would like to help with documentation if possible, since I use GMP a lot.
> Where should I start?

If you want to write a patch changing the example above to use another
function than mpz_gcd, that would be welcome ;-)

Otherwise, if you see things in the doc that should be improved, feel free
to bring them up here with your suggestions so we can discuss them. I
don't remember if the "plans" linked from https://gmplib.org/devel/
contain any documentation tasks.

--
Marc Glisse