Permission denied on a.out in ./configure

Clayton Daley clayton.daley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:22:18 UTC 2014

FYI... I checked umask and that did't fix it.

I would also argue that gmp is responsible (at least partly) since
configure *does* actually find a working compiler, but believes otherwise
(because it doesn't have execute permissions). It still may be right to
raise an error instead of continuing the install (e.g. if configure or make
actually needs execute privileges to files), but that's something I had to
ask here to confirm.

Clayton Daley
clayton.daley at gmail.com
513.505.1236