building GMP on Solaris 10 x86

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Sep 4 15:08:05 UTC 2014

Tom Chien <tom.chien0 at gmail.com> writes:

  I'm trying to build the latest release 6.0.0a on Solaris 10 x86, the
  resulting shared library, the ".so" files, iare 64-bit, at the same time,
  the static archive library, the ".a" files, are 32-bit. I've tried with
  both SunStudio 12.3 compiler and GCC 3.4, but the result is always the
  same, 64-bit shared library and 32-bit static library. This mix causes
  further trouble for any other software i'm trying to build that uses GMP.
  What am i doing wrong?

You need to tell us what you did.

Please see the manual chapter on how to report bugs.

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622