building GMP on Solaris 10 x86

Tom Chien tom.chien0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:58:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to build the latest release 6.0.0a on Solaris 10 x86, the
resulting shared library, the ".so" files, iare 64-bit, at the same time,
the static archive library, the ".a" files, are 32-bit. I've tried with
both SunStudio 12.3 compiler and GCC 3.4, but the result is always the
same, 64-bit shared library and 32-bit static library. This mix causes
further trouble for any other software i'm trying to build that uses GMP.
What am i doing wrong?

Thanks very much for your time and help!

-Tom