For Help--Can't Find libgmp.lib

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Oct 24 18:38:12 CEST 2013

袁轶君 <941201yuan at gmail.com> writes:

       I’m new here. I compiled GMP with Cygwin in Windows8 and all was
  successed.
  But when I  I want to find the file”libgmp.lib”, I cant’t find it. I only
  got a file named libgmp.la in the folder and four files named libgmp.a,
  libgmp.la, libgmp.lai, and libgmp.libcmd in /.libs . All my operations are
  the same to tutoral. But why can't I cont the .lib files? Can I use these
  files to take the place of libgmp.lib?
        I'm not very familiar with using Librarys. Who can help me? How
  to include
  a .h file and .lib file in a C++ program with the using of visual studio?
   Where do these files should be put or they can be put everywhere?

It seems you've made a build of the static library, which before
installing will live in .libs/libgmp.a.

I don't know what libgmp.lib would be; we never generate any file named
such.

Perhaps you want a dynamic (a k a shared) library, i.e., a dll file?
How to control static/shared build is described in the manual.

(If you want a more specific reply, you need to explain what you did,
i.e., command ines used, and the screen output of the 'configure'
command.)